This shrimp dish is inspired from a memorable vacation my mom and I took to Greece. We island hopping and feasted on fish fresh from the sea. This recipe pulls from the deliciousness of feta and other Mediterranean flavors and goes well with couscous or some fresh crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
You will need:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 T capers, chopped
- 2 t oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (feel free to leave the tails on if you want)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c feta, crumbled
Then you will…
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, capers, oregano and red pepper flakes. Saute another 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the feta. Cook until the shrimp are pink and opaque throughout, about 2 minutes on each side.