We recently celebrated a Friendsgiving, complete with seven babies. I wanted to bring a dessert that was easy to eat one-handed, so I adapted this pumpkin pie cupcake recipe and it worked great! It tastes a lot like pumpkin pie but in a cupcake form. If you really like the smooth custardy consistency of pumpkin pie, this probably won’t be your favorite dish. However, it has all the same flavors and doesn’t require a fork!
You will need:
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t ground cloves
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c flour
- Whipped cream (Optional)
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the pumpkin together with the sugars, eggs, vanilla, evaporated milk, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Scoop 1/4 c of the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 25 minutes.
- Gently remove from the pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg before serving.
- Extras should be refrigerated.