This is a quick and hearty fall dinner option. We like it due to its rich mushroom flavor and the fact that you can serve it over noodles or mashed potatoes. While it doesn’t photograph all that great, I promise your taste buds will enjoy it.
You will need:
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, washed and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 11 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 c water
- 1 T parsley
- 1 c sour cream
Then you will…
- In a large nonstick skillet, break up the hamburger and cook until starting to brown over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms are golden.
- Season with pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Mix in the soup, broth and water.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce is reduced by two-thirds.
- Stir in the parsley and sour cream. Allow to heat through until the sauce returns to a low bubble.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.