Watermelon is one of the best treats of the summer. It’s refreshing and not crazy sweet. I wanted to put it into a dish that was a little on the tangy, savory side. This watermelon and cucumber salad is a perfect side for a summer meal.
You will need:
- 2 c seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 c seedless cucumber, diced (peel on or off…your choice)
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- 3 T rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the watermelon with the cucumber and cilantro.
- Stir in the vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with the peanuts just before serving!
Note: if you prefer sweet to vinegar, you can add 2 t of sugar to the vinegar before tossing with the salad!