Sometimes I just want to bake a cake. Sometimes it is a layer cake. Sometimes it is a Bundt cake. The other night called for a fresh baked Bundt cake.
You will need:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/3 c unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 3 c flour
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chunks, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the oil, butter, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Mix in the brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix in the flour and chopped chocolate.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Spread half of the batter in the Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Spread the remaining batter in the pan and top with the remaining sugar.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden and a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Optional: top with a little powdered sugar glaze.