If you haven’t guessed it yet, I have a weak spot for buffalo chicken. So spicy and awesome, I almost always want to have some. It reminds me of when I usually ordered chicken caesar salad when I went out to eat during high school. This is a relatively healthy version of chicken salad using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. Hope you like it!
You will need:
- 6 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c hot sauce, scant
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t cracked pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 3 ribs of celery, finely chopped (leaves included)
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, cooked and chopped/shredded
- 1/3 c blue cheese, finely crumbled
Then you will…
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the hot sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the celery, chicken and blue cheese.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. (This step could be skipped, but it allows all the flavors to meld).
- Serve on warm toasted bread for the best result.