Hot Shrimp DipNovember 24, 2014
My mom made this dip for our families to enjoy before our wedding. It was a big hit with everyone during our family gathering. This dip is a nice alternative to shrimp cocktail or other hot dips you might serve at your next big event. Enjoy!
You will need:
- 1/4 c unsalted butter (or olive oil)
- 2/3 c red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb medium (61-80/lb count) fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 c sour cream
- 1 c Parmesan, shredded
- 1 c mozzarella, shredded
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 t hot sauce
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the red pepper and garlic. Saute until fragrant and lightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the shrimp and cook through, roughly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish or pie plate.
- Mix in the scallions, cream cheese, sour cream, and cheeses.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes. Serve with crackers or baguette.