This is an incredibly simple side dish that is perfect for kids and grownups alike. The Parmesan coating makes it crispy and more like a french fry.
You will need:
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 T water
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each carrot so it is half as long, and then cut each piece in half lengthwise so you have 16 pieces.
- Cut each piece into 3 long slices.
- Whisk together the egg, water, garlic, paprika and pepper on a plate.
- Put the Parmesan on a second plate.
- Dredge a carrot in the egg wash and allow the excess to drip off.
- Roll in the Parmesan and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other carrot pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before serving.