Banana bread is one of my favorite treats. This one is a little different with the addition of carrots. We made it when D’s parents were in town, and then we used it as the base for some amazing french toast!
You will need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 c unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1 1/2 c grated carrots
- 1/2 c cashews, chopped
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas with the butter, brown sugar and eggs until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt until just mixed into the wet mixture.
- Mix in the spices, carrots and cashews until blended.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a tester near the center comes out clean and the loaf is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.