I love warm breakfasts. I really like having it ready when I wake up, like this oatmeal. You mix everything together in the slow cooker the night before, turn it on, and have yummy oatmeal ready to eat when you get up the next morning! Magic!
You will need:
- 1 c steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1 c apple cider
- 1/2 c water
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 3 T maple syrup
- 4 apples, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
Then you will…
- Lightly grease the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the oats, milk, cider, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and apples in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Serve with chopped nuts and a little extra milk.