We made this chicken dish for a visiting friend, who was eating dairy-free and gluten-free food. Even my cheese-loving husband said he would enjoy having it again! We served it with zoodles (fresh zucchini noodles) for a wonderfully light summer dinner.
You will need:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 T olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3/4 c lite coconut milk
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Then you will…
- Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sear the chicken breast on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and move it to one side of the pan to continue cooking.
- Meanwhile, add the mushrooms and garlic to the other side of the pan. Stir and allow the liquid from the mushrooms to cook off, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, lemon zest and juice, coconut milk and red pepper flakes. Stir.
- Flip the chicken to coat it in the pan sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes before serving.