D and I stumbled upon a big sale on pork tenderloin the other Sunday. Lucky us! We decided to marinade the pork in a sweet and spicy sauce and then grill it for some extra deliciousness. We only marinated it for a few hours, but it would be even more succulent if you could marinate it for a day or two before cooking. It was so yummy that we forgot to take a picture!
You will need:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 c molasses
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 T sriracha chili sauce
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 t pepper
- 1-2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
Then you will…
- In a large ziplock bag, combine everything but the pork. Seal and shake to mix.
- Add the pork to the marinade and toss to coat. Remove excess air from the bag, seal and refrigerate.
- Allow to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Heat your grill to high heat. Cook to your preference. We like 7 minutes on one side and 6 minutes on the other with the lid closed. Because we have a gas grill, then we turn it off and leave the pork in for another 5 minutes.