These chicken tenders come together easily for a quick dinner. Try them on top of a salad or with your favorite side dishes! If you prefer a smoother crust, you can pulse the breadcrumb mixture in your food processor before breading the tenders.
You will need:
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- Splash of water
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs
- 3/4 c shredded Parmesan
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 T dried basil
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 t paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Then you will…
- Pound each chicken tender under plastic wrap until roughly 1/2-inch thick
- In a large plate with a lip, whisk together the eggs with a splash of water until well combined.
- Season the egg wash with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- In a second large plate, mix the breadcrumbs together with the Parmesan, garlic, basil, oregano, paprika, and desired pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg wash and then dredge them in the Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat several tablespoons of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and golden on the outside. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.