The other night I brought dinner to a friend’s house just because it seemed liked a fun way to spend the night. My friend has two small children, so whatever I made needed to be kid-friendly. These turkey-zucchini meatballs were the right choice, and a great way to sneak veggies into a family meal.
You will need:
- 1 c shredded zucchini, excess water squeezed out
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 t ground basil
- 1 t ground oregano
- 1 t ground parsley
- 1/2 t ground garlic
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 c Panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb ground turkey
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the zucchini with the eggs and spices.
- Mix in the bread crumbs and the turkey.
- Form the mixture into meatballs (about 1-2 inches in diameter; should make roughly 18 meatballs) and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until cooked through.