We really enjoy warm potato salad…perhaps it is the German side of me? This one includes roasted potatoes for extra crispiness and sour cream for the tang. It is a great side dish to most pork, chicken and beef entrees.
You will need:
- 2 lb small red-skinned potatoes, quartered into bite-sized pieces
- 3 T olive oil, divided
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c shallot, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 t red wine vinegar
Then you will…
- Soak your potatoes for 15 minutes in cold water. Strain and shake off as much water as possible.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread into a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. They should be browned and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium in a nonstick skillet.
- Add the shallots and saute until they to begin to caramelize, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and saute another 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream with the mustard and vinegar.
- Add the roasted potatoes and the shallot-garlic mixture.
- Stir until well combined; the potatoes should be evenly coated with the dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.