This is a fun alternative to traditional potato salad. It has a lot of flavor and can be made in advance, plus there is no mayonnaise. This means you are much less likely to make your friends sick at the next summer barbeque! This is one of my new favorite summer sides.
You will need:
- 3 lb red-skinned potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 c chicken stock
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1/3 c white wine vinegar
- 3 T Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 5 T fresh chives, chopped
Then you will…
- Place the potatoes in a large pot. Cover with cold water. Season with salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (about 8-10 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the cooking pot.
- Toss with the chicken stock and white wine. Let sit 5 minutes, tossing once in the middle.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the potatoes. Stir in the chives.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, although two hours is even better. If chilling for more than 30 minutes, feel free to refrigerate the potato salad while doing so.
- Stir occasionally to ensure all the delicious liquids are soaked up.