Garlic Butter Poached Lobster TailsDecember 31, 2014
My mom bought some lobster tails for the holidays. We debated how to prepare them, and the final decision was to try poaching them in butter. It takes some time to get the butter poaching liquid ready, but the end result is some melt-in-your-mouth tender treats. This is definitely a special recipe for celebrations.
You will need:
- 2 T water
- 6 sticks unsalted butter, cold (I used a mixture of unsalted butter and butter mixed with olive oil that we had on hand)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 t cracked pepper
- 6-8 oz lobster tails, removed from shells and cleaned
Then you will…
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat the water till boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in the butter, about 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Continue whisking in the butter until you have enough to cover the lobster tails.
- Add the garlic cloves and allow to infuse over low heat for 5-10 minutes while whisking.
- Whisk in the pepper.
- Add the lobster and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the butter sauce and serve hot!