These are a tribute to my brother with his love of wasabi. It’s also adapted from Rachael Ray and pairs really well with the recent post for ginger lime steaks. How hot do you like your potatoes?? Try it and see!
You will need:
- 2 1/2 lb red bliss potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 – 1/3 c milk
- 2 T butter
- 1 – 2 T wasabi paste
- Small bunch scallions, chopped with ends trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and put back in the pot.
- Mash the potatoes to desired consistency with the milk, butter and wasabi.
- Stir in the scallions, and season to taste.