Spicy Coconut Lime ShrimpNovember 11, 2013
This would be a great side for a party or an appetizer for your game day feast. I like the spiciness and the crispy coconut, and I am a big fan of the zesty lime too!
You will need:
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 1/4 c flour
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled (tails left on)
- 1/4 c olive oil
Then you will…
- In a small dish, combine the coconut with the flour, lime zest, chili, and cayenne.
- In a small bowl, beat the salt and pepper into the eggs.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg mixture and then coat with the coconut mixture.
- Heat 1/4 c of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Cook the shrimp about 2 minutes on each side.
- Allow to cool slightly on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Serve with the lime juice for drizzling.