Summer sun goes perfectly with chilly, tart citrus drinks like lemonade and limeade. Adding blackberries here gives it some extra sweetness, while the mint makes the drink even more refreshing.
You will need:
- 3 pints fresh blackberries
- 6 c water, divided
- 4 oz (~1/2 c) fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c fresh lime juice (from about 8-10 limes)
Then you will…
- In a blender, puree the blackberries with one cup of the water.
- Strain the blackberries through a fine sieve into a large pitcher or bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the mint and sugar with one cup of water. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Strain the syrup to remove the mint leaves.
- Pour the mint syrup into the blackberry mixture.
- Add the lime juice and remaining 4 cups of water.
- Stir and serve over ice!