This is a play on hot dogs and beans, but we dressed it up with yummy sausage. It comes together very quickly and makes excellent leftovers.
You will need:
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 T sherry vinegar
- 2 t dried basil
- 2 t dried parsley
- ½ t ground pepper
- ¼ t salt
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (or your favorite sausage), each sausage cut into two pieces
- 2 cans (15 oz each) low sodium great northern beans, drained and rinsed
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof Dutch oven, mix together the cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, pepper and salt. (You can also use a 9×13 baking dish).
- Mix in the sausage.
- Bake 35 minutes, until the sausages are roasted and cooked through. Stir once in the middle of the baking time.
- Stir in the beans.
- Return to oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the beans are warmed through.
- Serve with crusty bread and a fresh salad!