Maria’s Hot Clam DipDecember 14, 2014
This recipe comes from a very dear friend of mine, Maria. It comes together quickly from a small number of ingredients. It is great served with triscuits or your favorite bread or cracker.
You will need:
- 1 stick unsalted butter (or olive oil)
- 1/c c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 cans (6.5 oz) chopped clams
- 1 c bread crumbs
- Hot sauce, to taste
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic and pepper. Saute until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the clams with juices; simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the bread crumbs.
- Spread the dip in a pie plate and sprinkle, to taste, with the hot sauce.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.