This is bright summer side dish that comes together very easily. It would be especially refreshing with grilled seafood!
You will need:
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved
- 4 c chicken stock
- 1/4 c lemon juice + 2 t, plus the lemon zest
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
Then you will…
- Place the potatoes in a large pot along with the chicken stock, 1/4 c lemon juice, olive oil and 1 t salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the hot pan. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons of lemon, lemon zest, basil and salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.