Honey Poppy Banana BreadSeptember 5, 2014
This is a light banana bread with a hint of honey. It’s also full of poppyseeds, which is something I really like when I bake sweet breads. Your house will smell awesome when you make this! I challenge you to wait till it has cooled off before cutting a slice.
You will need:
- 3-4 ripe bananas, lightly mashed
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt (I had vanilla on hand, but plain would work too)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c vegetable oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/8 t salt
- 1.25 oz poppyseeds
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, honey and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and poppyseeds.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until golden and just set in the middle.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely on a cooling rack.