Meatloaf with Roasted TomatoesDecember 27, 2013
I adapted this recipe from Real Simple for a simple and comforting dinner recently. It is yummy and makes really good leftovers (if you can save some for later!).
You will need:
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 4 T dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1 T oregano
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Then you will…
- Heat oven to 370 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup of the ketchup, the mustard and the brown sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and milk. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs, onion, Worcestershire, thyme, oregano, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Add the ground meats in and combine using your hands (I recommend removing any rings!) until just mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and form into an 8×5-inch loaf.
- Spread the glaze on the top and sides.
- Arrange the tomato along the edges of the dish.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature should reach 165 degrees).