Sundried Tomato and Chicken PastaOctober 2, 2015
Sundried tomatoes are delicious. This pasta dish combines sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and chicken with a mix of cheeses.
You will need:
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz sundried tomatoes in oil, drained with 2 T of the oil reserved and tomatoes chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 t salt
- 1 t paprika
- 1 T dried basil
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 c light cream
- 1 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz pasta
- 1/2 c reserved cooked pasta water
Then you will…
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the box, removing from the water 1 minute early.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until the juices cook off.
- Add the garlic, sundried tomatoes, sundried tomato oil, and the chicken.
- Mix in the salt, paprika, basil and red pepper flakes.
- Saute until the chicken is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add the cheeses and the cream. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer. The cheese should melt into the sauce.
- Mix in the cooked pasta and reserved pasta water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, as needed.