40 Clove Garlic ChickenOctober 16, 2013
This may seem like I’m trying to teach you how to evade a vampire (or zombie) attack, but I promise this is not such a scary meal as you might expect from 40 cloves of garlic. It is fun slow cooker recipe that is great for the fall.
You will need:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled (about 3 bulbs)
- 2 lb chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 2 t paprika
- 1 t oregano
- 1/2 t ground mustard powder
- 1/2 t ground thyme
- 2 t salt
- 2 pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 c chicken stock
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
Then you will…
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, chicken, paprika, oregano, mustard powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Add the stock.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and garlic cloves. Shred the chicken.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat. When just starting to bubble, whisk in the flour and allow to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Gradually whisk in the remaining broth from the slow cooker.
- Allow to come to a low boil and thicken to make a pan gravy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the chicken with the gravy and serve over rice or pasta.