Slow Cooked Buffalo ChickenJanuary 16, 2017
I’ve mentioned that I love buffalo chicken before. With the business of work and wanting more time to play with baby R when we are home, D and I are testing a variety of easy-to-assemble dinners. This buffalo chicken is sooooooo tasty, and I loved being able to throw everything into the crock pot or slow cooker. It will look like you have too much liquid at the end. However, once you shred the chicken and stir it back in, the chicken will soak up all the yumminess. We served the chicken on top of baked sweet potatoes with some Greek Yogurt Ranch sauce and chopped scallions.
You will need:
- 1/3 c hot sauce, generous
- 2 T butter or your favorite oil
- 1 T coconut aminos*
- 1/2 t dried garlic powder
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t cayenne
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
Then you will…
- In a small saucepot, heat everything over medium heat (but the chicken and onion) until warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Place the chicken and onion in the slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce on top.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
*Coconut aminos is an alternative to soy sauce that is vegan, gluten-free, low sodium and low glycemic. It’s made from the aged sap of coconut blossoms and can be found in most major grocery stores (often near the soy sauces).