Asian Beef and Cabbage with NoodlesDecember 7, 2016
This dinner is easy to mix together and tastes every better as leftovers. You could substitute chicken, pork or tofu for the beef. Whatever sounds yummiest to you!
You will need:
- 1/2 c low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 T sambal oeleck or other chili paste/sauce (like sriracha)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 lb skirt steak, sliced thin against the grain
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz of your favorite Asian noodles (we used udon, but rice noodles would be great too)
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 1 bag (~14 oz) chopped cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1/3 c chopped scallions
Then you will…
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, sambal oeleck, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Pat the steak dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the noodles according to their direction. Drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the beef and allow to sear on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side max.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and then add the cabbage and scallions. Saute for 2 minutes, or until starting to wilt.
- Add the noodles and saute for another minute before adding the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to cook down for another 4-5 minutes, before return the beef and its juices to the pan.
- Once everything is warmed through, serve hot!