Rice Krispie TreatsAugust 1, 2016
I have bunch of coconut oil at home right now and was looking for creative uses. I found a variation of rice krispie treats that used coconut oil instead of butter for a dairy-free version. It was a delicious way to mix up these childhood favorites.
You will need:
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 10.5 oz marshmallows
- 5 c rice krispie cereal
Then you will…
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with foil and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonsticket skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted and smoothly mixed into the oil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal.
- Lightly spread the treat mixture into the prepared pan. Avoid pressing too much if you want light, airy treats.
- Allow to cool for at least an hour before cutting and serving.