Cheddar Twice-Baked PotatoesFebruary 25, 2016
We are always looking for new ways to make a potato. D hadn’t had twice-baked potatoes before, and I have fond memories of them making a regular appearance on my family’s dinner table growing up. They are a fun way to combine baked potatoes with the deliciousness of mashed potatoes.
You will need:
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scrub the potatoes. Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Lightly coat the potatoes with the olive oil and some salt and pepper on all sides.
- Bake for 60 minutes, flipping every 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise to create two long halves.
- Scoop the middle of the potatoes into a medium mixing bowl. Leave enough in the shell so that you can still move the shell without tearing it. Transfer the shells bake to the baking sheet.
- Add the butter, sour cream and milk to the potato and mash together until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the filling into the shells.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.