Duchess PotatoesJanuary 22, 2016
This is a fun variant on mashed potatoes. You get the creamy mashed potato goodness on the inside, and then the outside is slightly crispy and golden with butter. So much fun!
You will need:
- 3 lb russet potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c + 4 T butter, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
Then you will…
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Salt the water.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
- Place on a warm burner and allow any excess water to boil off.
- Mash with the milk and 1/2 cup of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the eggs until well combined.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Drop potatoes by spoonfuls onto the sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.