Spritz CookiesDecember 20, 2015
The dough for this family cookie recipe is a simple one. The trick is having a cookie press on hand to form the actual cookies. Spritz cookies are particularly yummy with tea, cocoa or hot cider.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 4 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together thoroughly.
- Mix in the egg and extracts.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until smooth.
- Do not chill; dough should be at room temperature.
- Fill a cookie press with the dough. Press out cookies through the press onto a baking sheet.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the bottom is starting to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.