Italian Crescent RingDecember 18, 2015
D loves Italian sandwiches. I love hot appetizers. This combines the best of both. Ever better: it can be prepared ahead of time. Once it is assembled, simply cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you want to bake it.
You will need:
- 2 cans (8 oz each) crescent roll dough
- 3 oz prosciutto
- 5 oz hard salami
- 12 oz roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry and roughly chopped
- 12 oz banana peppers, drained and patted dry and roughly chopped (choose mild or hot depending on your taste preference)
- 6 oz provolone slices
- Salt and pepper, to top
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form a ring with the dough, overlapping the wide ends and allowing the points to stick out.
- Layer the prosciutto and salami along the wide ends around the ring.
- Top with the roasted red and banana pepper pieces.
- Top with the provolone.
- Pull the pointed ends over the top of the filling and tuck under the wide end.
- Sprinkle top of the dough with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is golden and the cheese melted.
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
- Serve as a ring or cut into slices.