Maple-Roasted Butternut Squash with CranberriesDecember 13, 2015
This sweet and spicy roasted butternut squash is the perfect fall side dish. It is quick to prepare and would be lovely next to roasted pork, chicken or turkey.
You will need:
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T good quality maple syrup
- 2 T light brown sugar
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 2 c cranberries
- 1 c pecans, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the butternut squash into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne and nutmeg. Stir to coat the pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring at fifteen minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pecans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.