Cranberry-Blueberry SauceNovember 17, 2015
I’ve been playing with recipe ideas for Thanksgiving and am hosting a Friendsgiving to try some new ones out in advance of the big day. My mom loves cranberry sauce, and I wanted to try something beyond your traditional cranberry and orange sauce. Then I found this recipe for a quick cranberry sauce with blueberry and red wine that is a fun twist. Let me know what you think!
You will need:
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 1 c juicy red wine
- 1 c sugar
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1 t ground cloves
Then you will…
- In a large sauce pot, combine all the ingredients. You want the pot to be big enough for the sauce to foam up to about 3x its size while it cooks.
- Heat the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to a simmer over low heat. Allow to reduce for 20 to 30 minutes; most of the cranberries should have burst.
- Transfer to heat-safe jars or containers and allow to cool to room temperature on the counter. The sauce will thicken most as it cools.
- Sauce will stay fresh for 2 weeks if kept airtight in the fridge.