Roasted Chicken and Brussels SproutsApril 11, 2015
D and I had this for dinner one night recently. We love when we can pull together dinner in one pan, so this was a big hit. We are also big fans of roasted Brussels sprouts. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
You will need:
- 1 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t paprika
- 1/2 t salt, divided
- 1/2 t pepper, divided
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 T olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 c chicken stock
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
Then you will…
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the chicken dry. Season on both sides with the garlic powder, paprika, 1/4 t of the salt and 1/4 t of the pepper.
- Place a 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet on a burner over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- When hot, place the drumsticks in the skillet.
- Allow to brown before flipping over to brown the other side. This should take 5-8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and of pepper and with the sliced garlic.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon zest. Stir to mix.
- Add the Brussels sprouts into the pan with the chicken. (If your pan is not big enough, don’t worry! Just put the extra in another ovenproof dish and bake separately). Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice to the chicken stock and pour into the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You will want to stir the Brussels sprouts every 15 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve!