Sour Cream Swirl BrowniesMarch 27, 2015
You will need:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 3 T honey
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with tinfoil and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the better.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon and baking powder until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the vanilla into the eggs.
- Gradually whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Be sure to do this slowly and whisk continuously to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- Mix in the flour until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread in the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream together with the honey and nutmeg.
- Drop the sour cream mixture on top of the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the sour cream into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until set in the middle.