Paprika Spinach ChickenMarch 21, 2015
This is a fragrant, juicy chicken dish perfect for an upcoming date night or night in with friends. It is made from a few simple ingredients that turn magical in the pan.
You will need:
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 t paprika
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper, divided
- 3 T olive oil, divided
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1/4 fresh sage, washed and dried and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c dry white wine
- 4 oz fresh baby spinach
Then you will…
- Season the chicken with the paprika, salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, spreading it out on all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook 3-5 minutes until the first side is golden.
- Flip the chicken over and cook another 3-5 minutes until the second side is golden.
- Add the remaining olive oil, the butter, sage, and garlic to the pan.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the butter is melted and the seasoning fragrant.
- Stir in the wine and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes, partially covered.
- Stir in the spinach and allow to just wilt. Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.