Brussels Sprouts CasseroleDecember 19, 2014
This is not a light side dish, so save it for a holiday treat and work out before the meal. That said it is quite delicious.
You will need:
- 6 T olive oil
- 8 oz prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, ends cut off and halved
- 4 T flour
- 1 1/2 c whipping cream
- 1 c half and half
- 1/3 c dry sherry
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 c Italian cheeses, divided
Then you will…
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the prosciutto and garlic and saute until the prosciutto is crispy.
- Stir in the brussels sprouts. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and all to cook another 2 minutes.
- Mix in the whipping cream, half and half, and the sherry.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix in the pepper, nutmeg and mustard.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.