Simple Pie CrustMarch 16, 2014
This is a very basic pie crust recipe that will make one crust for you. It is so simple and makes a yummy crust for your favorite pies or quiches. You may not go back to prepared crusts!
You will need:
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 t sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon (if making a non-savory pie)
- 12 T ( 1.5 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- Up to 1/4 c ice water
Then you will…
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon (if using) to your food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Pulse in half of the butter.
- Add the rest of the butter and pulse until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- Pulse the dough, while adding the ice water 1 tablespoon at a time. Repeat until the dough gathers into a ball. Be careful not to add too much water or the dough will become very sticky.
- Flatten the dough into a disk.
- Wrap the dough in lightly floured plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to use the dough, roll it out until it is slightly larger than your pie plate and an even thickness.