Gingersnap Chocolate DropsDecember 29, 2013
I really like ginger cookies. These are just the right amount of spicy, plus the little bit of chocolate makes them extra special. You can also make the dough ahead of time and then just let it warm up on the counter for about 30 minutes, before rolling in sugar and baking. I adapted these from here.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c molasses
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 2 t ground ginger
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- Hershey’s milk chocolate drops
Then you will…
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the molasses, egg, vanilla, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually beat in the flour.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a log about 2 inches by 8 inches long.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and then in parchment paper. Freeze overnight (if you want to bake that day, then just refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately press one of the chocolate drops into the top of each cookie.
- Cool on a wire rack.