Cherry-Blueberry-Blackberry CobblerDecember 21, 2013
This is a quick cobbler that can be made from fresh or frozen fruit. I made it will at home visiting my parents recently on a cool night, and we didn’t have any leftovers!
You will need:
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen sweet cherries
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen
- 1 pkg fresh blueberries
- 1/2 c + 2 T sugar, divided
- 4 t cornstarch
- 3/4 t ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 c flour
- 3/4 c old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 3 T cold unsalted butter
- 2/3 c buttermilk
Then you will…
- Combine the fruits with 1/2 cup sugar plus the cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon of the ground cinnamon in a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until well combined and the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the fruit mixture in the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour with the oats, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger.
- Cut the cold butter into the dry mixture, using either your fingers or a pastry cutter, until the butter is well distributed.
- Stir in the buttermilk with a fork just until combined.
- Drop the batter in small mounds over the top of the fruit.
- Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the cobbler topping is cooked through and golden.