S’mores BarsSeptember 26, 2013
What do you do after a camping trip? Make s’mores bars with the extra supplies from the campfire! These are quick to come together, and they are best eaten a little warm. This prevents the marshmallow from getting too chewy. This recipe was inspired by Pinterest.
You will need:
- 1 bag sugar cookie mix (e.g., Betty Crocker)
- 1 1/4 c graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T ground cinnamon
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- ~ 12 oz chocolate bars (this is about 6 of the regular Hershey’s), chopped
- 5 T Nutella
- 4 c marshmallow pieces (we cut regular sized ones into quarters)
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with tinfoil.
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix with the graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon.
- Stir in the butter until well mixed.
- Press dough into the prepared baking dish. Spread it evenly with your fingers.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the center is roughly set.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the chocolate pieces on top and drop the Nutella around the top. Allow the dish to sit about 5 minutes. This will let the heat melt the chocolate.
- Use a knife to lightly mix the chocolate with the Nutella and spread it evenly over the top.
- Dot the top with the marshmallow pieces.
- Turn on your broiler in your oven to high. Return the dish to the oven, making sure it is about 5-6 inches away from the broiler.
- Watch closely and remove as the marshmallows start to brown. This should only take about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before slicing!