Bacon Ranch Chicken CasseroleAugust 21, 2013
I have been playing around with different ways to use Ranch seasoning in cooking. I also have been exploring different baked chicken dishes, because D likes them. This is not the lightest of baked casseroles, but there is a bunch of Greek yogurt to even things out (that counts, right?). The leftovers heated up quite nicely too.
You will need:
- 3/4 lb chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 2 lb red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 c broccoli florets
- 1 small bunch of scallions, washed and trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 c cooked and crumbled bacon
- 12 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 T dried dill
- 1/2 c shredded cheese, divided (I used a Mexican blend)
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salt, pepper, potatoes, broccoli, scallions and bacon.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, Ranch seasoning and dried dill.
- Stir the yogurt sauce into the chicken and potato mixture.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Spread out in the prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and stir the dish.
- Bake another 30 minutes. Stir again.
- Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake another 15 minutes.
- Stir once more. Top with the remaining cheese and return to oven, until the top is browned and bubbly.