Cinnamon Blueberry Coffee CakeAugust 3, 2013
It is a great way to wake up when you can smell the coffee brewing and then, suddenly, a waft of cinnamon hits you too! This is perfect for a lazy morning with the people who fill your life with laughter and love.
You will need:
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 c milk, scant
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 4 t baking powder
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 2 c + 4 T all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 c brown sugar
- 3 t ground cinnamon
- 4 T butter, melted
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter with the sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs and milk.
- Whisk in the salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Gently stir in the whole wheat flour and 2 cups of the all-purpose flour just until moistened.
- Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Spread batter in the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar with the cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Crumble the cinnamon mixture on top of the batter.
- Use a fork to gently mix/swirl the cinnamon into the batter.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until a tester in the center comes out clean and the top is golden.