Reese’s Pieces CookiesJuly 22, 2013
Reese’s pieces are one of my favorite candies. These soft, chewy cookies are an addictive way to use Reese’s pieces that next time you have some lying around — assuming you don’t munch on all the candy first!
You will need:
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 c (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 1 c Reese’s Pieces
Then you will…
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Whisk the egg plus the egg yolk into the butter mixture.
- Whisk the vanilla and almond extracts into the butter mixture too.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon. The dough will be very soft.
- Stir in the Reese’s Pieces. Cover the dough and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking.
- Preheat you oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into small balls of about 3 tablespoons of dough each. Leave about 3 inches between each ball of dough to avoid them running into each other.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look soft and underbaked. Don’t worry! They will keep baking on the cookie sheet. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.