Lemon Tarragon Yogurt ChickenJuly 8, 2013
This is a great summer dinner dish. It would go great with some couscous or rice to soak up the yummy sauce.
You will need:
- 2 T butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 c dry white wine
- 6 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 t dried tarragon
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 2 T olive oil
Then you will…
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Saute the onion and garlic over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and wine and bring to a simmer. Allow to reduce by half.
- Stir in the yogurt, lemon juice and tarragon. Remove from heat.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Toss the chicken until coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the chicken and saute until browned and cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, and stir to pick up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve hot!