No-Bake Coconut CheesecakeJune 2, 2013
I stumbled across a recipe for a no-bake coconut cheesecake on Pinterest the other day. The recipe looked like a delicious (and unusual) mix with some goat cheese and coconut milk added into the more standard ingredients. I adapted it the other day while D was in town. We really liked that is was extra creamy and a little tangy compared to many of the super sweet cheesecakes you find in the market.
You will need:
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1 T cinnamon
- 4 T butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c lite coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t almond extract, scant
- 1/2 c almond flakes, toasted
Then you will…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs with the cinnamon. Mix in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the pie plate to cover the bottom evenly and go about half-way up the sides.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Allow crust to cool.
- Next mix together the filling. This works best with a food processor or electric mixer, but could be done by hand.
- Mix together the cream cheese and goat cheese until thoroughly mixed and very smooth.
- With the mixer running, pour in the condensed milk and coconut milk plus the extracts. Allow to run until completely smooth and mixed.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Allow to set in the fridge for about 5 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, top with the toasted coconut.