Sour Cream BrowniesMay 16, 2013
Mmmm brownies. So warm and chocolatey. I made this one Sunday afternoon while D and I were lazing about home. They have sour cream and balsamic vinegar in the batter to give them a bit of a different taste. They would also be good with some toasted nuts in the batter.
You will need:
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
Then you will…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch square baking dish with tinfoil and lightly spay with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter with the sugars.
- Stir in the sour cream, applesauce, vanilla, the egg and balsamic vinegar.
- Mix in baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and cocoa powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set in the center.