Lemon Ginger Simple SyrupMay 11, 2013
I love having this on hand – it’s a great way to flavor fizzy water or a drink. It comes together pretty quickly and will last in the fridge for about two weeks (if it lasts that long!).
You will need:
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c water
- 3 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 c fresh lemon juice (about 7-9 lemons)
Then you will…
- Bring the sugar, water and fresh ginger to a boil over medium low heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and allow to reduce by half, or until you have a syrupy consistency.
- Remove the fresh ginger slices.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.